A creative, determined, communicative, organized aspiring Broadcast Journalist with four years of leadership and journalistic experience in a professional environment. Knowledgeable experience in writing, broadcasting, storytelling, researching and working well with a team. Well versed in Social Media, Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, Microsoft applications, and WordPress.
The Ryan Seacrest Foundation Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA
Child Life & Media Intern May 2013 to Present
- Conducted, produced, & directed celebrity & guest interviews.
- Produced, directed & hosted a variety of game, travel & music shows.
- Obtained experience in technical directing, program planning & on-air hosting.
- Achieved professional media, communication & child development skills.
PhiladelphiaNeighborhoods.com Philadelphia, PA
Multimedia Reporter January 2014 to May 2014
- Reported on weekly stories in the under-covered neighborhoods in northwest Philadelphia.
- Worked with local organizations on stories relating to sports, culture, entertainment, news & more.
- Weekly duties included story pitching, shooting, editing, & writing weekly news packages for PhiladelphiaNeighborhoods.com.
Temple Talk – TUVT Temple University, PA
Creative Producer, Social Media Director & Co-Host October 2013 to May 2014
- Lead weekly meetings to brainstorm & outline show segments.
- Managed & ran all social media sites, while incorporating them into the show.
- Gathered information & interviewed sources for monthly episodes.
CBS 3 KWY Philadelphia Philadelphia, PA
Newsroom Intern September 2013 to December 2013
- Made daily beat calls to the Delaware Valley Police & Fire Departments, as well as story follow-ups.
- Assisted the Planning Editor & Assignment Editor with daily news stories & weekly feature segments.
- Shadowed & assisted reporters in the field, as well as the anchors for the evening newscast.
Isango! Travel Company London, England
Media Intern January 2013 to April 2013
- Analyzed and critiqued American micro-sites.
- Re-branded and re-imaged company social media sites.
- Wrote multiple feature, short story, essay, news and editorial articles pertaining to food, culture, travel, arts, entertainment and sports.
- Conducted interviews and meetings with British and European professionals.
Awards & Accomplishments
~Bachelors of Arts in Journalism, Temple University 2014
~School of Media & Communication’s Dean’s List 2013, 2014
~NABJ Student Multimedia Project Recipient 2014
~National Association of Black Journalist Member
21 S. Spring Garden Street, Ambler PA, 19002